Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Battleground healing and esper.

From what little I've read on the Forums and the occasional other blog I'm supposed to hate pvp healing I think.  And no one seems to love esper as much as the people at healslinger love slingers.

But I've absolutely loved even losing in Walatiki Temple.  

Thoughts in my usual(100% of first 2 posts) style:
  1. Timed battlegrounds are priceless with kids.  Being able to clearly say "it won't be longer than 30 min" is aaaaamazing.
  2. I feel like I'm able to constantly constantly cast and almost never run out unless we're doing too good and I don't die very often.  In WoW as a healer I always felt like I tapped semi-instantly.  I do run out though and when I do it is like I'm in a desert of focusless dust.  I wish there was a good way of recovering focus quickly.  There probably is and I just blindly missed it.  I'm avoiding too much of the theory crafting because last time I got all into that I found out I was doing fun wrong and it ruined the game(WoW) for me.  This time I'm sticking to the fun and doing my own theory workings.
  3. Building up points and then dumping them into a huge AOE bloom of happy green gold happiness is what I live for.  I tried blasting as esper for exactly 1/2 of 1 battleground.  Then I respecced while at the dead place and never looked back.  
  4. You don't get a feel for healing until you fail over and over again.  The first two games I couldn't figure out why bolster wasn't working.  I thought it worked like Reverie and yeah it doesn't.  Then I figured it out but ran into other problems:  Mind over body is amazing but extremely frustrating when you forget to let it complete the cast.  I can't describe how many times I cut it off early just to watch a mask carrier die as I uselessly spammed the first half of the cast time over and over and over.  Losing is a better teaching curve than when you just ride the coattails of an excellent flag carrier or dps team.
  5. It's really important as a healer not to get spotted and holding up a GLOWING YELLOW HAMMER is a big "kill me I'm helping too much" sign.
  6. The AOE damage from Blade dance isn't amazing but the two psi points are.  I use this all the time to key up Reverie.
  7. I hyperbole a bit.   11 matches isn't a huge starting point but it feels like a lot.  Anyways.  Still loving the game.  
Loving healing in Battleground but will need to make something to go exploring and seeing vistas with.  Maybe a spellslinger or engineer.  I need to get my guns on.  Dunno, though....every moment out there is a moment I'm not rubbing green stuff all over Walatiki temple with my MIND.

No comments:

Post a Comment